IPEC 2013 - Call For Papers
The 8th International Symposium on Parameterized and Exact Computation IPEC 2013, September 4-6, 2013, Sophia Antipolis, France
The 8th International Symposium on Parameterized and Exact Computation (IPEC
2013) covers research in all aspects of parameterized/exact algorithms and
complexity. Papers presenting original research in the area are sought,
including but not limited to: new techniques for the design and analysis of
parameterized and exact algorithms, fixed-parameter tractability results,
parameterized complexity theory, relationship between parameterized
complexity and traditional complexity classifications, applications of
parameterized and exact computation, and implementation issues of
parameterized and exact algorithms. In particular, studies on parameterized
and exact computations for real-world applications and algorithmic
engineering are especially encouraged.
IPEC 2013 will be part of ALGO 2013, which also hosts ESA 2013 and a number of more specialized conferences and workshops. ALGO 2013 will take place September 2-6, 2013, Sophia Antipolis, France
Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract in English
not exceeding 12 pages (excluding references and appendices) in LNCS format, describing
original unpublished research. Simultaneous submission to other conferences
with published proceedings is not permitted. Additional details as necessary
may be included in a clearly marked appendix that will be read at the
discretion of the program committee. Authors must submit their papers
electronically. A detailed description of the electronic submission process
is available at the Submission site. Program committee members (except the
co-chairs) are allowed to submit papers.
Accepted papers will be published in the symposium proceedings in
the Springer series Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Authors of accepted
papers are expected to present their work at the symposium, and to incorporate the
comments from the program committee.
The program committee may award an Excellent Student Paper Award to one or
more papers accepted to the symposium. A paper is eligible for the award if
all authors are students at the time of submission, where a student is
someone who has not been awarded a PhD before the paper submission
Special Issue of Algorithmica
Selected papers of IPEC 2013 will be invited for a special
issue of Algorithmica.
EATCS-IPEC Nerode Prize 2013
The 2013 EATCS-IPEC Nerode Prize for outstanding papers in the area of multivariate algorithmics will be awarded during IPEC 2013 to Chris Calabro, Russell Impagliazzo, Valentine Kabanets, Ramamohan Paturi, and Francis Zane. One of the awardees will give an invited talk at IPEC 2013.
Ramamohan Paturi: "Exact Complexity and Satisfiability"
Marek Cygan: "Graph Problems Parameterized by Treewidth"
Daniel Lokshtanov: "Efficient Computation of Representative Sets with Applications in Parameterized and Exact Algorithms"
- Abstract Submission: June 12, 2013
- Paper Submission: June 15, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: July 13, 2013
- Final Version: August 19, 2013
- Symposium: September 4-6, 2013
- Faisal Abu-Khzam, Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Andreas Björklund, Lund University, Sweden
- Rod Downey, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Mike Fellows, Charles Darwin University, Australia
- Serge Gaspers, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Gregory Gutin (co-chair), Royal Holloway University of London, United Kingdom
- Pinar Heggernes, University of Bergen, Norway
- Eun Jung Kim, Paris Dauphine University, France
- Christian Komusiewicz, TU Berlin, Germany
- Daniel Lokshtanov, University of Bergen, Norway
- Venkatesh Raman, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, India
- Peter Rossmanith, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Stefan Szeider (co-chair), Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Anders Yeo, University of Johannesburg, South Africa