Trends and Applications of Answer Set Programming
TAASP 2016 is a workshop of KI 2016 to be held
on September 26, 2016 in Klagenfurt, Austria.
TAASP 2016 is the first workshop of its type.
Aims and Scope
Answer set programming (ASP) is a widely used declarative programming
paradigm based on the stable-model semantics. Over the years,
the formalism has been extended with new language elements, advanced evaluation
techniques have been developed, and efficient and expressive systems
have been realized. These advancements turned ASP into a rich modeling
language which was successfully applied to various tasks in artificial
intelligence and beyond, including combinatorial problems and
knowledge-intense tasks. Driven by the needs of applications,
ongoing research in the field comprises, for instance, the integration
with other paradigms (such as constraint programming), distributed computation,
temporal and stream reasoning. These developments aim at the ultimate goal of
equipping ASP with the features needed for realizing modern information systems.
This workshop focuses on recent trends in the area of ASP,
including novel techniques for the evaluation of ASP programs,
extensions of the formalism, integration with other formalisms,
and advancements of systems. Furthermore, discussions of
applications of ASP and its extensions in AI and industry are welcome.
Topics of interests include (but are not limited to):
- Evaluation algorithms and techniques for ASP.
- Grounding including lazy-grounding and grounding-on-the-fly.
- Integration of ASP with constraint programming.
- Integration of ASP with description logics.
- Integration of ASP with external computations.
- Integration of ASP with other declarative formalisms.
- Integration of ASP with procedural languages.
- Other language extensions to ASP.
- ASP and argumentation.
- ASP and multi-agent systems.
- ASP and multi-context systems.
- Stream and temporal reasoning based on ASP.
- Modularity techniques in ASP.
- Advancements of ASP systems.
- Evaluation and comparison of ASP to other paradigms.
- Applications of ASP and its extensions in AI.
- Applications of ASP and its extensions in other fields and industry.
This workshop is supported by FWF START grant Y698